Sunday, November 4, 2012

Aloha everyone,

This is my last post. I arrived in New York yesterday morning...flying eleven hours straight is no joke. Anyways before I forget, I had an amazing last morning in Maui. Woke up at Bethany's in Pe'ahi, went to the smoke shop where Scott showed me how he blows glass, saw Perri, had TWO crepes at Des Amies (thanks for getting me addicted Big Bernie), and said farewell to Cindy. Situs, the guy who I rented a car from, drove me to the airport on super last minute notice and introduced me to the most attractive man I've ever met. haha. Seriously, the North Shore hosts the most attractive men in the entire world...especially during Winter when the surf is big I've heard. 

Anyways, I took the quick flight over to Oahu and had crazy culture shock looking at the buildings. I actually had a plan to jump ship in Oahu and stay there for a couple of days. I was hoping that the airlines were overbooked and they would let me stay in Waikiki with a travel voucher. Welp for wishful thinking? I mean I probably could have stayed, but I didn't have a plan really. When I finallly saw NYC, it was early morning but was very dark....super unusual. It was an interesting way to see the city, especially since it is always illuminated with all the buildings and lights. A little freaky honestly. Anyways, Sarah and Derek are world class because they came and picked me up from JFK at 6:30am on a Saturday. I had no idea the gas situation was that serious. Anyways, I'm home...and a little disoriented. I'm neither happy or sad that I'm here in New York or that I left Maui. I crave the beach and the water (mostly the greenery), but my friends just think its "Maui withdrawal". I'm so glad that a couple friends urged me to document this journey. I can't stop looking at all the pictures I took, or re-reading my blog posts. This truly was the trip of a lifetime for me and I feel incredibly blessed that I was able to go. I think I turned a little "hippie dippie" while I was over in Maui. I feel so happy and free! It's such an incredible feeling. I hope everyone I know gets to feel this kind of free. It's amazing. I really cant believe I began to "find" myself and start to change into the woman I'm going to become on this amazing little island in the middle of the Pacific. I'm so happy. SO, so, so happy.

 My goodbye to Ho'okipa. I think I sat on this rock for maybe 30 minutes. What a perfect day. I had such an incredible last week, it was almost like the island wanted to give me a perfect little goodbye.
 Perri and I! Would you believe we had no good pictures? GWSB whaadddupp. Girl, hold my water bottle and make Graham give it to me when I return so we can actually meet. haaaaa.
 A Maui Mermaid and a Maui Goddess. A perfect match...don't tell Jason. ahahha.
 Seriously. SERIOUSLY?! Tell me this isn't the sweetest. 
 I got this as I was waiting in line to go through security. I was so tempted to leave the airport.
I think Bethany is going to convince me to come back. Seriously, she sent me a picture that said "Maui misses you" while I was out last night trying to defeat jet lag. Seriously girl, you're going to make me cry! I'll be back for a reunion bonfire with a pinata and firedancing. 



Sidenote: 4,014 VIEWS IN TWO AND A HALF MONTHS?! CRAZY. Thanks for reading and experiencing my journey with me! Mahalo. I'm pau for now. A hui hoa, Maui. Brian was right, Maui is a true seductress...I'll probably be back in a couple of weeks. Prepare for my [potential] arrival.



With warmest aloha, 
MJ

ps.  Cindy, send me some candles, a puka shell bracelet, a sprig of tuberose, a box of Mauna Loa MacNut chocolates and some POG. Ya girl is in withdrawalllll. See ya soon goddess, aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment