Friday, November 2, 2012

Alohaaaaa,

This is my last post (I think). I just woke up at Bethany's and I'm going to finish packing before I head off to the airport. 13 hours straight shot. SHEESH. 

Anyways, yesterday I had the most perfect day. It started after waking up at the suite in Lahaina...

After we all decided to leave the hotel, I wanted to make sure that I spent some time over there because I never really go to those beaches since they are pretty far. I had the snorkel gear that Manny and Robin had loaned me and I knew I had to return it so I wanted to do that as well. They live in the Ritz Carlton residences maybe five minutes from the hotel we were in so it worked out perfectly. I showed up somewhat unannounced (I called, but no answer woops) and they were there! They were so kind and hospitable, it really was nice to be with them. First of all their view is spectacular, and their company tops even that! It really has been a full circle trip for me.

Anyways, before I left Manny offered me a massage! Him and Robin are licensed massage therapists and I was so excited. Hello, have you ever had a massage from someone who was visually impaired? Hello, free massage?! I would never in three hundred years turn that down. Anyways, because Manny is visually impaired he has an insane sense of touch and I'm telling you it was the best massage I have ever had. It wasn't even a skimpy massage! I thought he meant maybe just my back and traps but it was my WHOLE body, even my head, face and toes! I had a knot in my butt...but why?! Who even knows. Robin was sitting there, and it was the middle of the day but I literally felt like I was on cloud 100,000. She was reading from this book, Manny had those massage sounds like ocean and whatnots on, and it was amazing. I couldn't even speak afterwards and he gave me a pair of earrings that his daughter made! Seriously, HOW ADORABLE. 
The view. I felt like I was in a spa. This their view!!

 Thank you so much Manny and Robin! You guys are rockstars. I appreciate everything SO much!!!

After the world's greatest, most unexpected massage, I decided for my last full day in Maui I wanted to go to Ka'anapali Beach. I got there and it was the PERFECT day to tan. Seriously: blazing sun, perfect clear water, the sand has a gold shimmer to it and no breeze. I had the best beach day by myself! 



A perfect day. I really messed up which island was which, but the one that is really close and full of craters is Lana'i. I'm positive of that. 

After that, I went to Kihei to give Nicole back a sweatshirt and say goodbye. The sun was beginning to set and I knew it was going to be a pretty spectacular sunset. I've had quite a few while I've been here. It was SO beautiful. Oh my goodness, Maui really was sending me off in style. Nicole and Janus were so great to me while I was here. When I come back (potentially in a few weeks), I'll come bearing cheeses! 

And finally I was on the road back to Haiku. As I got to Pa'ia, Clarissa called me! Seriously, this day really got better! Cherry on top! I miss her already. She was the key that enabled all these friendships and people into my life. Seriously, a spectacular streak of gold intertwined in my whole trip was her. A million thank you's and a million bernies, Big Bernie. I got to Colleen's for a final dinner with Cindy and Jason and had the most delicious pasta. Yum! Crashed at Bethany's again and we watched the Pimp Chronicles before passing out. Originally the plan was to have a going away bonfire with a pinata (guess who's idea the pinata was?) but we were all to tired from Lahaina. 

Anyways, it really is over. I had a blast. Initially my time here was hard and I really am proud of myself that I made it work out for me...huge accomplishment. I learned so much about myself and I was stuck at a beaaautiful wedding venue assisting with some gorgeous weddings. I am so happy I decided to randomly leave and do this. I feel so sad that I'm leaving, but I know I'll be back. I can't just leave this place. I fell in love with fish, outdoor activities, veggies, salads (!) and mostly myself! It has so much of me and I can always remember that Maui was the place where I really started to find myself, by myself. How incredible is that. I am so happy. Anyways, I'll be back!!




....Probably sooner than later.


With warmest aloha, 
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment