Sunday, October 21, 2012

Aloha,

Came up with an excellent Halloween costume. I'll be an actual "Maui Mermaid". ahha, well  it would be a  good idea if I wanted to get a costume but Steph said she can give me her Cleopatra costume and a friend of Cindy's said that she has a greek goddess costume. Seriously, I will die if I am a goddess, Cleopatra or a mermaid. Hopefully I can pull one of them off! I would looooove to be Cleopatra (Renee stop laughing) though. I love Cleopatra. Maybe I can run around playing "pyramids" on repeat, or I can be the best "siren" in the entire world, or I can just tell people how I think I could have been Cleopatra in my past life. Either way, it sounds like I would be a solid Cleopatra. Last year I was a damn good post-it.

Well in other news, today was wedding day at the Mill! Truly beautiful wedding. The vows were out of this world. Everyone was DYING. So amazing to have been able to have gone through this moment with so many different couples. Really makes you believe in love. Is there anything else that truly matters?  

 Steph was doing all the flowers for the wedding. Here's some of the million she bought. Seriously, she bought enough to have ten mini-medium centerpieces for the wedding table, flowers for the bathroom, cake decorations, rose petals for the aisle, and some extra just in case.
So many flowers! You can't ever have too many flowers though. And you really can't have too many roses...or tuberose!
I blew this one. Pretty, no? Also...see my henna! woop. 
 My babies! I made baby centerpieces for the cocktail tables. It was my first time given complete reign to do them. So fun. I don't think I did a bad job either. 
 Yay! Hiding under the mango tree...
 Before the guests came, Steph and I were walking around the Mill and I fell in love (again) with this loungy-courtyard area. Honestly, so beautiful. I have no more words to describe this fantasy place I am living in.


 The table...today was a small wedding. 15 people. Intimate but incredibly beautiful.
God, this chandelier kills me every time. 
 Decorating the cake. I got some flowers in there! Woop, I've seen it done a couple of times but this was my first time that I got to get in it! Exciting!


 Surf and Turf. They offered to feed us!!! Praise Him, I love food. Steph is entirely too excited to eat ahha.
Chef asked if we wanted something specific and we told her to make us a plate of any and everything. She gave us some crazy consortium of food. Steak, Coconut shrimp, mahi-mahi, rice, haricot verts, purple potato things... I snapped this before they were done with the plate. It was ALL delicious. I have a thing for haricot verts? Seriously, why are they so good?! 
 They left behind Veuve Cliquot, Dom Perignon vintage '03 and a Korbel for us. Needless to say, it needed to make my blog and oooobviously we all went for the Dom first ahha. 
 Steph, stop making fun of me taking pictures for my blog. 



And just a random pic of my henna dried! Its going to get darker by tomorrow and then probably start lightning up for a week and a half or so. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm obsessed. 




Sheesh, you'd look at all these pix and think "working hard? ...or hardly working?" Either way, I had a great time tonight. Thats all that matters. It was just Steph and I tonight so we were really getting into a bit of everything. Fun quick story: I had to run to Colleen's and order THIRTEEN coffees at 8pm on a Saturday night. Have you ever ordered 13 coffees?! They thought I was joking. Also, I don't drink coffee. Anyways, they charged me for the cream and I almost flipped out. WHO CHARGES FOR CREAM?! What if I bought only one coffee? You gonna charge me a quarter?! Whatever, I let it slide. But GOODNESS, swindle. 

I'm so so so happy in Maui. Can't believe I'm leaving so soon! I don't know if "the grass is greener on the other side". I think this might be the greenest possible grass. Well, tomorrow Steph is going to take me surfing on the South side with her girls! Maybe Brian will come and meet us...that would be awesome. Anyways, I'M HITTIN THE SURF. BE PUMPED. 


With warmest aloha, 
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment