Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Alohaaaa,

Sorry about the past two days. My computer battery exploded (not lying) so I had been using the work computer to do my blog posts and since I left the Mill, I'm using Bethany's now. Coming home this week!!! 

That is unless NYC is still underwater and Westchester still doesn't have power and trees down. Then, I will just extend my stay and figure something out. When I booked my trip back home, I decided that I didn't want to just work until my last day but rather have 4 days to really explore the island...and I wanted to be here for Halloween since it is the absolute most epic party Maui has to offer. There's a big chance I will be passed out by 11:30 and that will be a crazy late night for me. We'll see. These four days is my mini vacation, even though as soon as was off of work I manage to be on vacation. This was such an incredible experience for me. Lucky I decided to  stay otherwise I would have been caught in that absolutely devastating hurricane as well. I'm glad to know all my friends are safe! I literally woke up at 4am to 36 texts and pictures. LOVE YOU ALL. 

Anyways, my last two days:

I decided to leave the Mill on Monday and since Haiku is only 38 miles from Hana, I had scheduled an appointment to go HANG GLIDING!!!!!!!! I had no idea what it was and I dont know why I found out about it, but I decided way earlier that I wanted to do it. Impulse executive decision. I just booked the appointment not really sure what it looked like and recently with Cindy saw a picture. Needless to say, I freaked all the way out in person when I saw it. I packed up my car Monday morning, had borrowed Bethany's speakers to attach to my iPod (really, I'm driving a hooptie and how ridiculous is it that I had an iPod and speakers next to me while I was driving ahhaha local style), and was on my way to Hana by myself! I got there and decided to go to Koki Beach to have lunch which was amazing. I've been having these constant "kiss the sky" moments where I put everything in perspective and realize how much I love my life. I mean really. I'm sitting at this beautiful volcanic sand beach, by myself, surrounded by super luscious green, about to go hang gliding and I totally made this all happen. Amazing. This whole Maui experience has changed me for the better. It's so amazing here. I'm so in love with the island. 


 I'm totally going to miss this outdoor shower...
 ...and beaaautiful flowers under a chandelier kitchen table...
and this GIANT mango tree. Seriously, its only one tree. CRAY. Bye bye Haiku Mill!



 I arrived!
Seriously, coming here by myself was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was so peaceful and way nice to be just with myself. Amazing. So beautiful.

 Anyways, after lunch I went to the Hang Gliding place and as I was walking to the shed, I was mouth opened saying "Holy [expletive]". I walked closer and this tall gentlemen yelled out to me, "Hey Molly!". The hang glider is literally a sidecar of a motorcycle with a kite attached. WHAT. Well, its way more than that but thats what I thought I saw. Anyways, it was the most incredible experience I've ever had. I was freaking out the whole time screaming random things into the microphone into Armin's ear and he was cracking up. I can be so animated and enthusiastic sometimes. Point of the story: EVERYONE should go hang gliding. It's otherworldly. I could talk about it for days. I will remember it for the rest of my life and I absolutely loved it. Armin is such a genuinely nice guy, and so professional!  He told me he would fly me to Kahului to Hana and I could even borrow his truck for the day if I decided to come back. Seriously, a gem. WORLD CLASS.

 Freaking out commences ...now.
 I am almost as big as the trike! Was this a joke?!

 I'm driving/steering here!
 Circle rainbow! How cool is that?! I'm in a circle rainbow!!
 Cindy's favorite picture. She loves the different colors of the water so you can see the reef/shore break and the lush. This whole experience was unreal.
 Shaka!
 Just had taken off... I love this picture so much. I didn't realize the camera was taking a picture and I'm holding my mouth in awe. It was so amazing.

 Clutching my heart. Honestly, I understand what it means to fly like a bird now. At this point I think Armin had turned off the motor so it was completely silent in the air. Absolutely incredible.



 Armin goes, "Have you ever felt a cloud?". I swear this man was after my own heart. I literally screamed "NOOO!" and he went wooosh and was all the way up. I had my hands out and felt the clouds running through my fingers. It was a little wet, like condensation on a soda can, and light and somewhat sticky. Oh my goodness, what an incredible experience. I can't even explain how amazing this was. I am so happy even recanting it.


 Landed safe and sound!
Armin and I in our badass outfits. Seriously, even the outfits are cool! 


After that, I had dinner with Cindy (because she was freaking out that I had no service and couldn't reach me lol) and said bye to Brian cause he left for Whistler. 

Yesterday, I went to Baldwin Beach with Cindy for a bit before deciding to do happy hour. Seriously, how can you pass up 1-6? Anytime you are done with the beach you are able to have $3 margaritas! This guy Aaron met up with us and I went to his place upcountry to kick it for a bit. After that, I met up with Bethany and her friends to watch a movie woke up in Pe'ahi. I've never done this cruising around thing so it should be interesting to see how this week goes. Tonight, I'm going with Bethany and her friends into Lahaina for Halloween!!! I just realized its Halloween! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We're all staying down there in Pukalani and I'm actually going to head out soon so I can hit Ka'anapali for a bit. Not sure the next time I'll get on a computer, but I'll try to have tons of pictures. I'm going to be Cleo-Dite again. I mean, thats all I got anyways.

 True, truuuue.


With warmest aloha,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment