Friday, October 26, 2012

Aloha,

I'm starting to think that deciding to come early was the worst decision I could have made...or the best. I'm torn in the absolute worst way. 

Besides that, I literally just ran into my room and slammed the door shut because there was a FOUR FOOT CENTIPEDE next to my door (maybe six inches, but the biggest one I've ever seen!!!!). This is awful. Im terrified of getting bitten. Damn it. Someone pray for me over there. I won't make it if I get bitten by a centipede. I don't care if they are good luck. They are awful with tons of legs and insect-like. YUCK (Sounding like the gecko friendly girl back in August here, Im certain). Either way, I just shoved a towel into my door facing outside in my little hallway and bathroom. I also closed the bathroom door with a towel on the bottom. I SWEAR IF A CENTIPEDE GETS ME TONIGHT IT IS OVER. I AM LEAVING TOMORROW. I'm so terrified. Seriously, someone come save me? I thought I was ready for nature, but I am not. I'm not brave. Come help. Please. 

Anyways, I did a ton of things at work today! I booked a wedding completely by myself (no one was in the office at all ahha), set up the calendar & binder and all things associated with that. Really cool. Go me. I also used this crazy awesome site to help Sylvia with her birthday invitations and made them for her. They look SLAMMIN'. All black everything party with a streak of gold and a chandelier image. They do nothing formal here so this is going to be amazing and super modern. I'm so excited...and so sad that I'll be missing it! Totally up my alley. I got so into the invitation site that I even sent Sarah a crazy sweet (Cinco De Mayo inspired) invitation with all my flight details because she is my favorite person in the entire planet and is picking me up from JFK at 6:55am on a Saturday. Bless you. Love you. ARIIIBBBAAA.

 The bartering system to get a damn ride home from the airport.....
 This one you might have to click on, but its the response to my awesome invitation LOL.



Anyways, after work I headed back to Pa'ia 'cause I was in a shopping mood and ready to redeem the rest of my credit at Tamara Catz. I ended up getting this crazy cute off the shoulder cover up. I can't wait to wear it! I know that its approaching winter in NY but Bethany made an excellent point, I'll have it for next summer...or my imminent trip back to Maui in late November (Surprise. I decided I'm coming back. Sorry Mom, it's happenin'). Whatever, I'm hyped. The cover up is way pretty and it was free. I tried on this SUPER cute brazilian bottom and I really wanted it but I didn't have enough money to get it. String sides and all! Just like I like them!!! Jeez, I know I won't find another bottom that I like as much as this one. Hmm, I just couldn't justify another swimsuit. I really want it though, I just don't need it at all. It would be almost as unpractical as a purchase as a cover up in October. Who cares about practicality? ....not this girl.

I'm still obsessed with this dress. I love the front. I love the back. I love the length. Thank goodness Bethany couldn't think of three places I could wear it besides a beach wedding, a black and white party or a formal affair. Turns out I don't have any of those things coming up!

 All these elephant things! I had gone into a gallery and asked for an elephant trinket and she grabbed a bag full! Cindy, it's heaven!
 ...chose out my two favorites. So adorable. 
 "Old metal repurposed into new thoughts"


pretty bangles! I like the one on the right better, I think.

 Crazy trippy fish.
 Dream Jars! So adorable. I love these little trinkets.
 Clarissa, why didn't you try to get some pictures like this of me? We could have gotten tuberose! God, we weren't thinking. LOLLLLLL.
 HIPPIES. LOVE. WANDS. 
 This is my all time favorite. I don't know why I was so caught up in this picture. I love the suggestive nature of it. 
 These are little guardians. Loved them. I want one. Mom, do they have an African version of something like this? Can you get me one? 


This was the trippiest kaleidoscope I have ever seen in my entire life. Shootz! Crazy. I was in a magical and super trance place. I couldn't stop looking into the kaleidoscopes. I looked in the red, blue and green one each time going "WOWWWW". 

I think I've fallen in love with Pa'ia. I was walking around looking for the perfect Maui/Pa'ia/Aloha shirt today. I want one so badly. 


It was about six when I finally purchased my stuff and Bethany invited me over to do some face masks (which we never actually ended up doing) and some wine. Really sweet. Anyways, I met up with her at her place and we chilled out for a few hours. I'm finally super comfortable and happy here. I really can't believe I'm leaving. Isn't it funny how all the stars just aligned? I'm almost left with an even worse decision to either decide to stay and waste however much I spent on a ticket home early, or leave and wonder if I made the right decision. I think I know, but I have a feeling I won't know until it's time for me to board my flight. Maybe I'll be that crazy chick like in the movies where I'm about to board and run all the way out of the airport to kiss the sky and never return. Either way, I'll make sure not to tell Sarah and just have her waiting at JFK. She's crazy. If I don't show up, she'd probably board the flight just to find me and kick my butt for making her wake up early to get me. 


In other news, my GW babies are about to have their senior day! Kay decided to #tbt me. What a RUDE picture. Lady, you better do as I requested and put a picture up of me. Kick butt! I'm thinking of you guys and I love you so much! Back to this picture, I don't even like Ihop. I also don't like Olive Garden. Just incase anyone was wondering. I prefer actual, REAL, delicious food....and bacon. Do I love me some bacon though. mmm. 

 ...does anyone? I think she's got a point. I just figured out who I am (kind of). I mean, if anyone knows me its this chick and she's asking! I guess I really have changed. How exciting!


With warmest aloha,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment