Friday, October 19, 2012

Aloha peeps,

Today has been flying by! We had some vendor meetings this morning with one couple, and just finished a wedding rehearsal with tomorrow's couple! Whew. Anyways, Maui Executive Catering did a tasting which was absolutely unbelievable and my palate is changed forever. A florist also came this morning, but honestly I just want to talk about the food.

Seriously, out of this world delicious. Four courses! What a lunch!

 First Course (from left to right): Tuna Tartare w Avocado, another Tuna Tartare w Avocado, Ono Ceviche w Avocado ...the two Ahi tartare's tasted different but I didn't catch what he said in time as to why they were. I wish I knew more, but what I do know is that tuna isn't quite my thing. BUT I tried it! CHECK ME OUT. TUNA! Boom. Also, ceviche is delicious. Jeff, the chef, was going into so much detail my mouth was watering as he was talking...and this is the chick who never had fish before she came to Maui! He was talking about how most people don't use Ono as ceviche or sashimi, but if you let it sit for 3-4 days it turns into this super soft and buttery consistency. It was delicious. And it was fake-raw (ya know, ceviche is just cooked in lime and citrus so) which is a huge step for me! I have dinner reservations at Mama's Fish House with Cindy and her husband next Saturday and I'm way excited to try theirs. Mama's is the best (THE BEST) fish house on the island. Of course I would make reservations ahahah.

Wonder if I'm ready for steak tartare? Potentially...

 Beer Tasting (left to right): Big Wave Golden Ale, Big Swell IPA, Bikini Blonde Lager. All of these are delicious. I love Bikini Blonde (always order it if I get a beer), but I actually didn't mind the IPA! Who would have thought?
 Second Course: A bed of mustard greens, beets, fresh Kula tomatoes, the best goat cheese I've ever had in my entire life, with balsamic, olive oil, and a carrot vinaigrette
 Third Course: Opah pan seared with a bed of vegetables ratatouille style with dehydrated tomato garnish and pesto on the side. I think thats some sort of buerre monte sauce as well. This fish was UNBELIEVABLE. Honestly, it is tied for first place with that Monchong at Lumeria, which was my first fish ever! Ah, I'm growing up!
Fourth Course: Wagyu (!!! PRAISE THE GODS I LOVE STEAK!!!) Ribeye served medium rare with a glaze of leeks, shallots, lamb stock, and beef stock. Also served with an almost "al dente" style sweet potato and carrot. Seriously, divine. 

Did I mention that the chef is out of this world attractive? God, he could cook for me for the rest of my life. I would be the happiest girl alive! Seriously though, he's a hot chef. 

Well, I don't have too many plans for the rest of today. I'm going to see Sue at 5:30 to read my tarot cards because I've never done that and it sounds interesting. Hokey, but interesting. Brian invited me to meet him for dinner, so maybe I'll do that and keep it low key as it's wedding night eve and tomorrow we're doing a ton of stuff. Oh, and because there is no where to fit this anywhere else, there was a shark attack yesterday at Kite Beach! Luckily he wasn't hurt, but the shark bit his board as he was paddle boarding and knocked him into the water. He beat the shark with his paddle and got back onto his board. CRAZY. Apparently you're "lucky" if you see a shark here, because they are so rare. I doubt the shark was trying to hurt him and was probably just disoriented, but sheeesh. Thats enough to have my guard up.


With warmest aloha,
MJ


Even though I am so far away, my friends and family manage to keep me in the loop/sane/feel like I'm around: 

 My grandmother is a trip though... "I am waiting". Also, she calls me "tallie". And I think she thinks its hilarious that I'm so tall. She seriously is hilarious though. I remember being younger in England and she would make me cut up all the chin-chin as punishment. We had BUCKETS of chin-chin. It's delicious but really?! Buckets?! Cruel and unusual punishment. 
Chloe Renee A. Jensen, do you see what you have started?!?! BG is not acceptable! AWFUL.

 Whats more awful? I literally almost died while standing up at Uno's late night happy hour by smacking my head into a lamp. 
Should have sued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment