Sunday, October 7, 2012

Aloha people,

Today was wedding day! This was by far the most expensive and biggest wedding I've seen while I've been here thus far. The bride and groom met in Australia so there were a ton of Australians in attendance. They can really throw those drinks back! Add to the list that this was the drunkest wedding I've seen at the Mill to date as well.

 OH YEAAAAHHH WHATS UP NYC!

Wilmont (a musician) blew the Conch Shell and explained the true meaning of Aloha. It was pretty cool.

 Lemonade and flavored water!
 They had these antique doors decorated with pictures of their family members and their significant others. They did a "generation dance" at dinner which leaves the longest married couple on the dance floor. The longest couple had been married for 45 YEARS!!! That's amazing. I hope one day I'm part of the couple who is the longest lasting during the generation dance!
 They used the map as their chart
 Welcome table
 Menu on mirror! I loved the calligraphy.


Molly in the Mill? New blog name?
....obviously I felt like leaning on things?
 Fire lit "port-a-potty". When there are more than 50 guests, they recommend getting an additional toilet. This one looked so cool with the fire at night. 
 Corine decorating the cake with fresh flowers!

Bar Set-up aka "the problem".... check out that chandelier!

Michael Jackson came on and all 77 guests got to the dance floor and started going HAM. Literally all these white people in a dance circle doing thriller moves and shaking their legs and kicking them in the air, crotch grabbing and whatnots. Not joking. Everyone was smashed by 7pm and had every intention in the world to have the best time of their lives. After MJ, Ice Ice Baby came on. I think the DJ had secret intentions of making this the most difficult night for us to manage ever. Have you ever seen a group of white people break it dooooown to Ice Ice Baby? If not, I suggest you go somewhere and watch it go down. It's like black people on New Year's Eve when R. Kelly's "Step in the Name of Love" comes on. I've seen that go down too. That is HILARIOUS. Anyways, they are the same damn thing in terms of everyone being on the floor and people who are waaayyy too old and fragile to do crazy things start moving in ways you didn't know were possible. I want to see a wedding with a Soul Train line. I would die. That would be so epic. I know they happen somewhere. They MUST! Anywho. Ice Ice Baby was a turning point in the evening. There was jumping, kicking, shimming, backbends, dropping it low, spinning and shaking all over the place. It was truly one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I imagine that my friends and I look like that ONLY when we go to Black Bear. I don't even think that I ever want to go back to Black Bear because I know there is something in their alcohol that turns all of my friends into crazy people acting like they are dancing in their bedrooms in their underwear. CRAZY.

Anyways, the music was bumpin' for the guests and the next thing you know the groomsmen were taking their ties off and "capturing" guests to dance with them on the dance floor. Then someone took of their tie and tied it to a vine...I thought Sylvia was going to lose it if she saw that! She loves her vines. Anywho, things were getting crazy. These people were drunk as fuuuuuugggg. Seriously, hammered isn't even the word. A man picked up a chair and spun it around and decided to plant it in the middle of the dance floor, sat on it backwards and started gyrating on it while sliding around the Mill. The garter toss was one of the most sexual things I've ever seen in front of family members. Two old ladies were dancing only with each other and really getting down. Guys were lifting each other and doing crazy things that I can't begin to understand. Everyone was making out and in love with the idea of love. A woman was dancing by herself on one of the poles in the Mill. There was a CONGA LINE that went through the Mill and down the front steps of the waterfall where one of the groomsmen proceeded to try to slide down the entire 150 year old railing... and ended up knocking over the flower pot. He actually ripped a vine off and when he introduced the front of the Conga Line he was holding it in front of his crotch while shaking around with one hand in the air and wiggling all over. Two girls were doing Rockette legs to Beyonce. One man was standing on the waterfall steps for a solid fifteen minutes doing monkey bar hand things while everyone was dancing. Everyone put on sunglasses when "This is How we do it" came on...still not sure why. One of the guests asked me to dance and wouldn't leave (totally would have danced with him, but I was working). Every gentleman had their tie off, was SO sweaty from dancing like they were in a 70's dance contest and most of the button downs were at around the 4th button like a super Rico Suave V Neck. They had to cut off the best man because he was wasted. That's pretty awful.

 The MJ ring of fire.... The calm before the storm.
Garter toss. Seriously, SO sexy.

The last dance was "Time of my Life". What a perfect song for this group! The groom even picked up the bride like in Dirty Dancing and spun her around! SO ADORABLE!!!! They love each other so much and it was so apparent that they were celebrating being in love with all of the people they loved the most. I think the joy of weddings is the fact that you're around so much emotion and pure joy. You are constantly in bliss and happiness. I think the biggest difficulty would probably be trying to be a professional in an industry where most of your clients aren't professionals. In theory, dealing with a Mother of the Bride, or a "bridezilla" isn't exactly my idea of a professional. I could understand how that could get extraordinarily stressful and frustrating. 

 The happy couple!

I was watching the wedding the entire time wishing that I was a guest at the wedding. They looked like they were having the best time in the entire world. I had been doing a lot of errands for the bride and her bridesmaids/man of honor during the day and I think they really liked me. They called me by name the entire night and everyone complimented me on being attentive and professional! The 'man of honor' lives in Harlem and used to work in White Plains at the PG Theatre! He actually told me that I was the most polite person that he's ever met. I told him I'd thank my parents for my upbringing. Thanks Mom and Dad. Anyways, how small is the world that I would meet someone who knew exactly where I am from? HOW SMALL IS IT?!


Tomoz, Corine and I are splitting the day. Headed to bed over here. Hope everyone had a safe and fun Saturday. I'm here bloggin' with a glass of white and listenin' to Miguel. I'm a happy girl....and I HAVE TUBEROSE!
THE FLOWER THAT MAKES ME SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY.

....and I also left with ton of mosquito bites from tonight. FML.
EW. They just turn red really and then fade. Still. YUCK. That's awful.


With warmest aloha,
MJ





Also, some fun sidenote pictures I felt like posting:


A picture of Sergey and Corine doing fun acrobatic things on the front lawn from yesterday. SHE IS BALANCING ON HIS HEAD AND HAND. IS THAT NOT THE CRAZIEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN?!

And because the only person to see EVERY picture that Clarissa took suggested this was her favorite...

 ...what a beyotch.

Obviously Clarissa and Sarah would be best friends. THANKS FOR EDITING THIS ONE. I'm sure you were laughing the entire time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment