Saturday, October 13, 2012

Aloha, 

Yesterday after work I headed into Lahaina for Aloha Fridays aka those street festivals that happen once a week in a different city (went to Makawao and Wailuku). Anyways, Lahaina is a super touristy area and definitely not my scene at all. I made my way across the island and was expecting a huuuge festival like Wailuku but it was a little disappointing in comparison. They had shut down the street and had a billion Harley Davidson and other motorcycles lining the street and a couple bands performing. The Kettle Corn guys recognized me (LOLOLOL awful, I should really eat before I go anywhere) and we exchanged numbers to meet up at a bar later. I was exploring by myself so I figured it would be nice to meet up with them later. I went into a few stores, had a hand massage from Lush (I really wanted it ahaha, and checked out a jewelry store. The jewelry store that had the blue diamonds I love and I had to stop to see and try it on. Sue me, I like rings. Well, as I was about to try the ring, one of the Kettle Corn guys pops into the store and invites me to some private performance in the restaurant next door. He and his brother saw me as they were making their way over and figured they'd invite me, which is really sweet. The place was called Fleetwoods and it was a private event that costed $50/person...and the Kettle Corn guys got me in with them for free! Woo! I was so excited. Private blues/rock band, and tons of food!! Not too bad. We got a table and a few semi famous people I didn't recognize were around. Seriously, I might want to start watching TV or pick up a gossip magazine or something. Whatever, it was a cool night. I'm glad I went. I also got to talk to Clarissa for an hour on my drive down. Would you believe she edited that Mufasa picture on purpose? .....hahah awful. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! I most certainly won't be posting them here, but I've always wanted pictures like the ones Clarissa took so I canNOT even explain to you my excitement!


 Motorcycles, Motorcycles, Motorcycles EVERYWHERE!


Fell in love with this.

Mermaids! 


 He was killing the entire damn game. Shoooootz.


 Wood Carver. Crazy talented.

 For Luci!


Hippie playing the guitar behind his head. ahhaha


The guy who worked here called himself "BirdMan"


 I FELL IN LOVE HERE. Seriously, everything was so awesome


FAVORITE!

Lahaina beach view...

Some lady walked up to me on the street and said, "Excuse me, but you are so beautiful....I mean...when you are walking..(insert crazy hand motion here)". LOL. It's cause I'm brown, I know it. Novelty points. Also, I "stopped traffic" for my first time. Straight up two cops stopped what they were doing to look at me while directing traffic. IS THAT A JOKE?! Never happened. My goodness.





Mick Fleetwood and I. I had NO idea who he was. But the Kettle Corn guys said someone on my blog might. Mick goes to me, "I was before your time!".... TRU.

The Storage Wars people. I don't even watch tv. I didn't even know them but everyone was taking pictures and I think my mom and siblings sometimes watch a show like this. HI GUYS! Random: They called me DomMama because of my phone. hahahhaha so awful.
Storage Wars people and the Kettle Corn guys!

Before I left, my friend sent me the most outrageous text message. It really left an impression on me. Anyways, I was saying bye and he goes "Til then. Sin boldly. E Va Piano". JEEZ, talk about awesome wordplay! Obvs, I had to ask what 'e va piano' meant and he explained the entire thing. He said it comes from an italian saying "chi va piano va sank e va lontano.", which translates into something like he who goes softly, goes soundly/safely. Va pain is 'tread softly' and in the immortal words of Kanye West, it translates to drive slow, homie. Seriously, I keep some awesome people around. ::high golf clap::


Tis all. With warmest aloha,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment