Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Aloha guys,


Tuesday night I finally met up with Perri! She went to GW with me and is one of "GW's Finest 15" ...anyways, I think she might be the only person who understands exactly what I mean when I talk about Maui. Literally, I keep gushing about how much I love it here.  She said something really interesting about the moon and the tides and how the water is relation to that. She ended up comparing it to us as humans being 70% water and why being here there has to be some truth to the fact that we are so connected to the Earth, being that were made up of so much water and surrounded by so much here. I don't know how to explain it the way she did, but it made perfect sense. I'm an awful storyteller. Sorry, didn't get that West African gene. Anyways, she told me her story and it was so nice to be in 'familiar' company. I'd only met her once at the GWFF mixer, but I'm so glad we were able to meet up in Pa'ia because she's super sweet and nice. I might kick it in her loft for a few days before I leave, but I have some things worked out for my imminent return...already.

Before I met up with Perri, I went to Tamara Catz to cash in on my trade for doing some promo modeling for them. As their clothes are SO expensive and not quite my taste, I got a swimsuit lol. Another swimsuit, like that is the ONE thing I need. Anyways, its nothing I would actually have paid money for. My first monokini...black with a fake brazilian butt and beading all over the stomach. It's pretty, but I wish I had it in white. Whatever, I didn't end up using all my money at Tamara Catz, so I'll have to go back and get something else. I wasn't in a shopping mood...even if it was free. LOL.

And yesterday was a great day at work! We had vendor meetings all day for one of our newest brides, Lauren. Two different bakers came with cakes and frostings for us to taste, two photographers, a florist and they had done food catering the day before. I went to the airport to pick up the florist and really connected with her. Love her stuff, her business card is amazing and she was so down to earth. She's about 5'8 with red hair and Chinese- super awesome. Anywho, she said something funny about me and as I'm picking up what people say about me I figured I'd share. While I was driving her back to the airport she said, "I think you see life like a kid in a candy store...Don't change that. You'll go far". SO SWEET! (Pun intended lol)
 These frostings and mousses were incredible! Guava puree, Amaretto Buttercream, Champagne Buttercream, Natural Buttercream, Chantilly Mousse, Lemon Zest Mousse, Red Raspberry Puree and Cheesecake Mousse! I die!
The cakes were plated. This is just the leftovers. Kula Strawberry, Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Fudge, Guava, Lemon Poppy Seed, Chocolate, Vanilla, Lilikoi!

After all the vendor meetings, my boss decided she wants to throw herself an extraordinarily lavish birthday party which I was SO excited to help her brainstorm and plan. She decided that she wants black on black with gold accent theme. Totally my thing. Way modern, and as she has never done anything like that, my ideas were out of this world. SO excited to help her with that for my last couple of days. After work, I headed to Colleen's because Kirsty told me I could have her old Halloween costume (SCORE!). Its a greek goddess dress and she gave me some shoes but I think I'll just get a gold headband thing and wear that out. I've never worn a real "costume costume". We'll see how this turns out. Super bronzed in white and gold will equal a super hot Molly ahhaha. After that, went over to Brian's and we kicked it for a bit which was nice. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for Halloween costumes with a purple dress and he suggested I go as a raisin...or a glass of red wine. hahahahahahha. 

 Brian made me try this. Honestly, freaking delicious. I was saying "No, I'm not eating that. It looks like I won't like it." He literally brought the spoon and (I'm so glad) he forced me to eat it. Honey greek yogurt gets two thumbs up.
Driving over, I had to stop and take this picture. West Mauis in the back....beautiful as ever.

Well I had to leave Brian's because Bethany invited me over for "Trashy Tuesdays Bonfire Night". Obvs, not driving and getting smashed because that is so stupid but I went over anyways. The bonfire was so awesome and the people there were the same ones from before. There was a new guy I hadn't met before and he let me in on a little secret. They say that "Maui chooses who it wants. It'll spit you out or throw you out if you aren't meant to be here". There is a ton of spiritual energy here and for some reason, I believe that saying. Anyways this guy told me that "I was part of the club" and if I was hanging out in situations like the ones like last night, that I had made it and I shouldn't leave. Sounds hokey writing it down, but its true. Also, he made me feel a little better about Jaws saying that it was huge and incredible this year and that I really witnessed an incredible day. Thanks man, I thought so too!

Bethany went inside for a bit and I don't know WHAT happened but two people started dancing around the fire. Then a guy joined them and it was only me and one other person left on the blanket we were spread on. I literally popped up and joined them, the other girl did and Bethany ran from inside to join us. When the song was over, she goes "I can't believe this is my life." Yeah? Me neither.
I love this!!! I love elephants! ah!


Yesterday was way busy. Anyways, today I am going to Hana!!!!!!! Hiking to Red Sand Beach and hopefully making it to Black Sand. I don't even know. Im so pumped. HOLY GOODNESS!!


With warmest aloha,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment