Sunday, October 28, 2012

Aloha oukou,

MAMA'S. FISH. HOUSE. 
This post is specifically dedicated to the deliciousness that was my dinner last night. Holy goodness. MY PALATE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Unbelievable. Unfreakingreal. I don't have the vocabulary to express how delicious it was. 

Mama's is consistently rated the best fish house in the entire state of Hawai'i. Everything is freshly caught, day of and prepared in the most divine way. Oh my goodness. After dinner I literally sat down and looked at the pictures of my food for an hour at Cindy & Jason's. I am so excited to write this post so I can look at the pictures again. Seriously, my life is not real right now.


 What a view...
Cindy knew someone and she was able to secure us the BEST table in the restaurant and they gave us a discount!!!!!!! Are you serious. I am crying tears of joy just typing this out right now. 

 Oh that little vixen. Cindy and her husband, Jason.
 How cute! Also to check in, you have to go to this little hut thing. Unreal.
Blurry beauties.
My drink was something crazy. Some ginger, island-y, delicious-ass martini. 
 They started us with some poppy bread and this soup. THAT SOUP WAS SO GOOD. Why doesn't every restaurant start with a little soup thing with bread? Can they? Please?
Shrimp wonton with Macadamia Nut sauce. I called this sauce every name in the book. It was dolphin tears one minute, rainbows from unicorns another. It was so good I kept it for my dinner. I wasn't letting that sucker out of my view. Holy goodness!!!
 Ono Ceviche served in a Coconut!

Cindy's so funny. She excused herself to the restroom and after a couple of minutes comes back and said, "It doesn't matter if you're at a keg or Mama's...you're still waiting on line". LOLLLLL.

 This was the menu description: 
Uku- Hawai'ian Snapper caught bottom fishing near Lana'i by Layne Nakagawa 
Upcountry style with caramelized Maui onion, Haiku golden tomato and baby bok choy.

First of all, I know the fisherman because they said his name. Secondly, are you drooling? I wish the light was better but holy goodness. I don't know if it is apparent in the way I am typing, but IT WAS SO GOOD. I ate the whole thing!!!
 Lilikoi Creme Brûlée! Jason called it 'pure sex'. I tasted it and said, "It's almost like making out with someone you've wanted to hookup with forever". Seriously, the food put me in a state of delirium. 
 Polynesian Black Pearl dessert. Lilikoi chocolate mousse in a pastry shell. 
 Appearance is everything, eh?
 Some little coconut things they gave us with warm hand towels. 

The steps of service at Mama's were out of this world. Literally as soon as you finished a course, you had someone clear and set and food was instantaneously out. Unbelievable. Bravo!


 The happiest customers in Mama's. Seriously. The HAPPIEST.

I was so full but couldn't stop eating. It was outrageous. Definitely worth the money. I said if I had a last meal, I would want it at Mama's. After that, we went back to their place and there was a Tsunami warning! I freaked out!!! I mean literally we had JUUUST gotten back from eating dinner on the waterfront! Also, they were saying it was going to hit in an hour and a half. Really not that much time. The sirens kept going through town and it was kind of scary.... 7.7 magnitude earthquake off of the islands in Canada and it was coming right for Maui! Well for all of you that are reading (and now obviously know), I am okay. I live 700 feet above sea level. I'm having a slammin' trip though. I have experienced so many things! Wild. Also, I have a feeling that Sylvia wants to take me to Mama's tonight. I am totally game.



 Nothing to be concerned about here. LOL. I didn't end up going (hello, food coma) but sweet text, eh? Also, Perri from GW invited me out! She actually just checked out the Mill maybe an hour or so ago. 
Hi Perri!
Oh and its the national windsurfer competition going on at Ho'okeeps right now. Seriously, beautiful people everywhere. Drooooooooling.


With warmest aloha,
MJ

Is it a shoutout if I just scream from the mountaintops (okay volcano tops, Haleakala) THAAAAANKKKK YOUUUUUUU? I hope not. I'll be doing that tomorrow or something equally as ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment