Saturday, October 20, 2012

aloha mermaids,

Tarot with Sue was awesome. She explained the whole process to me before we got into it and basically it just is a reaffirmation of all things you know about yourself at a given point in time. Sue offered to read me for free, and I obviously wasn't going to turn it down if it was free, so after work I sped over to Lilikoi Grill to meet her. Anywho, it was happy hour (GOD I LOVE HAPPY HOUR!) so we got some pupu's and drinks before we moved to the space she was doing the tarot cards. They're kept in silk and she had set up the table really nicely with pretty tablecloths and such. Anywho, she asked me to think of a question and really let it come to me. I won't go too much into it, but the entire experience was pretty spot on. Literally as hokey as I thought it was, all ten cards that she put down were in a perfect cycle and made complete sense. I honestly think that all of those cards were there for a reason, and they all made sense in my own brain so I don't care how hokey it seems. It worked for me. Afterwards we did a "silly fairy reading" which was also in line with the tarot cards which was crazy bizarre. Even after all of the spiritual stuff, we were talking about life in general and it still all managed to correspond and stay parallel with things in my life currently. It's not anything psychic, but really it all made sense and was all super applicable in my life right now. I had a ton of wand cards which are representative of creativity, drive, purpose, fire, passion and energy in general. I guess thats the most prominent thing in my life right now...not surprised. I also had TWO arcana cards, which is crazy because theres only 22 in the entire deck, one pentacles card and one cup card. My favorite card was the cup card. It was the 3 of cups and represents soft emotions, feelings, being social, etc. Sue interpreted it (in my entire reading) as it meant that I knew how to enjoy things in life and that I want to enjoy all things and people in my life. It's recognizing that life is hard work but enjoying it with people that matter the most...the soft side of being driven. I love my friends and people in my life so much! My network is amazing and I am so blessed! Anyways, my reading was overall pretty good besides the 9 of wands on "how others perceive me". Whatever, thats even up for interpretation. Interesting I got no love cards though in my entire reading :( womp, single forever! haha. I'm not really focused on all that right now anyways especially because I'm totally in love with myself over here. Its crazy. I am completely in LOVE with Maui, but even more in love with the person that I'm becoming and who I am. I keep gushing to my friends how much I love it here and how bittersweet it is that I am coming home. Honestly, I'm so happy. I feel so lucky to have this experience right now. I am SO happy I wish I could express it in more words but there aren't really any other words that would explain it. I can't wait to come back here and I haven't even left yet. Unreal, I'm so so so in love with Maui. Its absolutely amazing here. I only wish that all of my friends get the opportunity to come here and fall in love as hard as I am right now. Unreal. I don't even know if I want to stay in New York anymore. I'm confused I guess.




Well, after all that, I went to Brandy's house in Makawao. Got out of this world lost driving there but we hung out a little with her kids and she did some henna on me. I would have loved to have it running down my back but it would take forever so we just did my left hand. I love getting henna done-- reminds me of so many fun memories. Anyways, Brandy did the most intricate henna I've ever had! Its actually still drying right now and I think I'll probably sleep with it so that the color gets deeper. I'll take another picture tomorrow to show the difference.

Super fresh here. When it dries it won't be as dark. But how beautiful!!! Seriously, this is an excellent henna job done in traditional mehndi style. BOMB.

Anywho, off to bed! Goodnight moon. 

With warmest aloha,
MJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment