Monday, October 22, 2012

Alohaaaa,

Yesterday was the most perfect Sunday in the history of perfect Sunday's! I was off after a wedding (which never happens), learned/attempted to surf, had a million tacos, and went to the beach at Mama's to check out the stars. 

Anyways, surfing was a total fail. I met Steph at 8:30am in Kahului and went with her to Thousand Peaks, which is on the South side and easier to learn on. Steph called it "Zero Peaks" because there were no waves. I still got out there and paddled with my arms and rode the water. Seriously, what an intense arm workout! It's really not as easy as it looks to balance on the board, paddle, turn and direct yourself and then try to focus on trying to get on a wave. It would have been awesome to catch a wave, but I still got out there so I feel somewhat accomplished! And it was a 'real' longboard, not one of those marshmallow fluff ones so I am still winning. LOL.

Henna day after! Isn't it gorgeous? I love it so much!
 Funny story. I was tanning as to not get lines or whatever when Gina took this, and Steph was in the water frolicking. Steph points to a car and goes, "Molly is that your friend?". I literally hopped up, grab my top and ran to the water trying to figure out how to get my top back on. She goes, "Jeez, all that for some boobs, huh?". LOL. I could really get down with Steph. She's so fun loving, young and genuinely happy. I mean anyone who brings a cooler to the beach only full of excellent beers to the beach is my kind of friend. Stella, Longboard, Blue Moon, IPA, Coors. Why so many choices for only three chicks? haha, I'll take it.


Brian and I on the beach! Yay. Friends, woo woo.

Literally as soon as Brian got there, Steph, Gina and I decided that we were done with the Sun and wanted to get mexican food. We had 20 dollars worth of free food and it was dangerously approaching happy hour at Diamonds. They put me in charge of ordering and they had ONE DOLLAR TACOS for happy hour. I ordered: 12 tacos, guac, beans, garlic parmesan fries, chips and salsa. Seriously, don't let the 22 year old order during happy hour. haha. We had some patron and more beers and finally headed back to Haiku at around 4. Still was way early and sunny so I went to Ho'okeeps and watched the surfers for a bit. They're so beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Also, had a chance to speak to Sarah! SEE YOU AT 6:55AM AT JFK LADY. LOVE YOU. BE THERE OR YOU WILL SEE MY ANGRY WRATH.

And then I met up with Brian again at his place for a drink and to check out Mama's beach at night. So beautiful. I swear I saw 3 shooting stars. How is this real life to be lying down on the beach, with a drink and watching the most incredible sky littered with thousand of stars in awesome company? Unreal.


With warmest aloha,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment